February 2, 2013

A Letter From Your Heavenly FATHER!


Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone. To have a deep soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and exclusively. But GOD to a Christian says no, not until you're satisfied and fulfilled and content with living, loved by ME alone and giving yourself totally and unreservedly to ME, to have an intensely personal and unique relationship with ME alone.

I love you MY child and until you discover that only in ME is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with ME -- exclusive of any one or anything else, exclusive of any other desires or longings.

I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow ME to give you the most thrilling plan existing -- one that you cannot imagine. I want you to have the best. Please allow ME to bring it to you. You just keep watching ME expecting the greatest things. Keep the satisfaction knowing that I am. Keep learning and listening to the things I tell you. You must wait.

Don't be anxious and don't worry. Don't look around at the things you think you want. Just keep looking off and away up to ME, or you'll miss what I have to show you.

And then when you're ready, I'll surprise you with a love far more wonderful than any you would ever dream. You see, until you are ready and until the one I have for you is ready, I am working this minute to have both of you ready at the same time, and until you are both satisfied exclusively with ME and the life I've prepared for you, you won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with ME, and this is perfect love.

And dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love. I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with ME, and to enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union of beauty and perfection and love that I offer to you with MYSELF. Know I love you. I am GOD ALMIGHTY, believe and be satisfied.

This letter was given to me by the most awesome youth pastor I have ever known, Paul Cook.

Does this letter really mean so much to me that I am now sharing it on my blog?

If you would have been at my wedding in Medellín, Colombia in South America, you would have seen and heard me read it.

REALLY?

Well, yes but no.

WHAT?

I did read the letter but I had translated it into Spanish!

WHY?

Everyone at the wedding spoke Spanish, not English.

Well, almost everyone. I had met a couple while attending the "Instituto de Lengua Española" AKA "Spanish Language Institute" in San Francisco de Dos Ríos which is on the southeast edge of San José, Costa Rica and they were also serving as missionaries in Medellín. Mark actually translated the entire wedding service for my Mom and Dad and did so with an English accent.

My only other English speaking guest was Denny from New Zealand whom I had met through the youth ministry I was serving in.

So . . . all of the guests of my wife Martha Luz were people from Colombia.

Mine were my parents from the USA; Mark from Middlesbrough, England; Olivia from Namibia in southern Africa; and Denny from New Zealand.

I not only had to go to another country to encounter my wife, but to another continent.

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD." -- PROVERBS 18:22

"Among all the disappointments and perplexities which have fallen my share in life, nothing has contributed so much to support my mind as the choice blessing of a wife." -- John Adams

Our wedding service and reception were in the "Orquideorama" at the "Jardín Botanico Joaquin Antonio Uribe" in Medellín where Martha Luz and I had gone on our first date! During the reception, Rod Tate's CD "True Love Never Fails" was perfect background music and his song/video "Always and Forever" is amazing as well.




Medellín is located in the Aburrá Valley of the Andes Mountains and is known as "The City of Eternal Spring" because most days the temperature ranges from the middle 80's during the day to the low 60's at night with a record high of 91 and a record low of 50. 


Medellín is also known as "The City of Flowers" and the highlight of the "Feria de las Flores" is the "Desfile de Silleteros" which beautifully leave no doubt as to why 70% of cut flowers sold in the United States of America are from Colombia!


Share this blog!

2 comments:

  1. As usual, you never fail to uplift and inspire me. I know too well that a relationship with God is the most important and I strive to be the good person he wishes me to be. I wake everyday and give thanks to him for my life, my blessings, and all the people in my life. I try to live with a grateful heart and try to see the good in all and try to be kind to all. Thanks for sharing this very personal story. :) -Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Erin!

      The gratefulness & thankfulness you've shown me the last couple of weeks is extremely precious & rare these days & I'll be forever appreciative of you taking the time to not only read what I shared with you but also writing about how it made you feel fills my eyes with tears of joy, love, & peace.

      My gratitude to you will be my feeble attempt to continue striving to live a life encouraging others!

      Your belief in me helps me believe in myself!

      Thank You Erin!

      Love you tons! 💞

      Brian ;-)

      Delete