June 16, 2013

Like A Father Should Be!

It's Father's day 2013 & I would like to dedicate a wonderful song to all the fathers out there but especially to my 2 fathers!


My Dad with my wife the week before she was my wife! FYI, that is a pineapple full of ice cream!


My soon to be father-in-law with his daughter who was just moments away from becoming my wife!

"Like a Father Should Be" by Kenny Marks

Your quiet laughter
The smile on your face
The way you held mama
In a loving embrace

You show the kind of love
I needed to see
Dad, I know you've been
Just like a father should be

Your gentle strength, your loving touch
Your faith in JESUS taught me so much
You had the patience to put up with me
Dad, I know you've been
Just like a father should be

You gave me everything
You could give
And you were the one
Who taught me how to live

I pray that, one day
My son says to me
"Dad, I know you've been
Just like a father should be."

You gave me everything
You could give
And you are the one
Who taught me how to live

I pray that, one day, my son says to me
"Dad, I know you've been
Just like a father should be,"
I pray that, one day, my son says to me
"Dad, I know you've been
Just like a father should be."
I love that you're my father!

The last line of that song & the title of what I wrote for my Dad on Father's Day 2013 is exactly the same: "I Love That You're My Father!"

Here is a link to where you may listen to "Like a Father Should Be" in its entirety!

Here is a link to "Like a Father Should Be on iTunes" via "Absolutely Positive!"

More music from Kenny Marks is only a click away!



"Follow Him" is my favorite Kenny Marks song & you will find it with "Like a Father Should Be" on iTunes via the "Absolutely Positive!" Album!

I wonder if Kenny remembers that when I was in high school, I ran the sound system for a concert of his that kicked off a lock-in for our youth group "Go For It!" at the Kirk of the Hills!

Share this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment