May 4, 2012

HOW DO WE SOAR ON WINGS LIKE EAGLES?

There is a passage of SCRIPTURE that is so well known but many people may not appreciate it as much as I do when I see an American Bald Eagle visit our lake in Homestead, Florida as it effortlessly soars around without ever flapping it's powerful wings, instead using the wind for power & to sustain it in flight until it sees a fish & then it's time to eat!

Point?

It's powerful wings could literally knock me out if it felt threatened but it chooses to use the even more powerful wind aka HOLY SPIRIT that will also allow us to soar.


"Even youths grow tired & weary & young men stumble & fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run & not grow weary, they will walk & not be faint." ― ISAIAH 40:30-31 

"Hasta los jóvenes se debilitan y se cansan, y los hombres jóvenes caen exhaustos. En cambio, los que confían en el Señor encontrarán nuevas fuerzas; volarán alto, como con alas de águila. Correrán y no se cansarán; caminarán y no desmayarán." ― ISAÍAS 40:30-31

So when you are tired & weary & stumbling & falling like I am every day, we must hope in the LORD & that will renew our strength allowing us to soar on wings like eagles!

My journey is always changing but being  Minnesota born yet living in South  Florida, I totally dig living on a lake & enjoying the amazing wildlife that either lives here or visits from the Atlantic Ocean or the Everglades!

Over the past few weeks, I have painfully crossed the lake several times to see "Canela, the English Call Duck Mum" & that short video shows her seven ducklings that have thrived under her care.

I also helped to protect them a few times from a Great White Egret that would have enjoyed eating them when they were still small by peacefully encouraging it to go to the other side of the lake.

However there is another English Call Duck that just had 10 ducklings but last year all of her babies were dead &/or disappeared within 3 days!

I have named her "Mamacita Licorice" because "Mamacita" means Mum in Spanish. Licorice is for her colorings & in honor of my dad's pacemaker adjustment going so well this week, I must admit that licorice is his favorite candy!

This is a photo of "Mamacita Licorice" today with the 4 ducklings that she is still caring for!


I just received a call from the lady who supplies all of the beautiful ducks on our lake & I was asked & I accepted to care for 6 ducklings from the English Call Duck "Mamacita Licorice" for a few weeks until they may sustain themselves on the lake.

May the HOLY SPIRIT guide me to care for them as well as "Mummy Canela" cared for her laddies so amazingly.

How so?

Here is Canela when her ducklings were only a week old! 


It's rather funny that 5 weeks later which happens to be today,  Canela the mother was on the other side of the lake as it seems her work is already done with the laddies, just as we leave our homes to go off to college or pursue other things when our parents have had enough of us & the crazy things we may have done. Anyway, a beautiful Little Blue Heron disrupted the laddies nap this afternoon!


The 7 brothers & sisters immediately woke each other up & proceeded into the lake as the wading birds do not swim at all which resulted in all 7 laddies swimming next to me in my kayak!


In a couple of more weeks, these laddies that were so recently ducklings will be full grown English Call Ducks!

Why in the world with all my excruciating pain & literally being uncomfortable in any & all positions ever make me want to care for ducks when I am in in need of care? 

"There is one order of beauty which seems made to turn heads. It is a beauty like that of very small downy ducks making gentle rippling noises with their soft bills." ― T.S. Eliot


These are "Kayaks with Ducks" 6 English Call Duck ducklings within minutes on arrival on "Cinco de Mayo" to their new temporary home, an enclosed back porch next to a lakeside patio & garden! 

I am so excited because they are not chickens!

What? 

"If you hang out with chickens, you're going to cluck & if you hang out with eagles, you're going to fly." ― Steve Maraboli

English Call Ducks can fly & I can't wait to see them swimming in the lake & then take off in the air & fly as they were created to fly.

Guess what?

We were also created to soar on wings like eagles!

Do you really understand how much I needed this lesson?

The LORD is so good to me as I was getting to a point where battling my daily pain was not worth the fight anymore & just when I got to that point, JESUS blessed me with caring for the things HE & the FATHER created for us to enjoy.

Sound familiar?

Just after GOD created man & woman, the next thing HE did was this?

GOD blessed them & said to them: "Be fruitful & increase in number; fill the earth & subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea & the birds in the sky & over every living creature that moves on the ground." ― GENESIS 1:28

Y los bendijo Dios y les dijo: "Sed fecundos y multiplicaos, y llenad la tierra y sojuzgadla; ejerced dominio sobre los peces del mar, sobre las aves del cielo y sobre todo ser viviente que se mueve sobre la tierra." GÉNESIS 1:28

Now I can help fill our lake with beautiful English Call Ducks while learning a lesson in a more profound way that I ever imagined when I began writing this earlier today as I am a son of GOD & in HIS inheritance I was commanded to rule the things that HE created for us to enjoy on this earth & I will supernaturally soar on wings like eagles over whatever circumstances, pains, stress, or worries may come my way in the future!

This video/song "Eagles" by Third Day beautifully expresses  through lyrics, music, & photos of ... "HOW WE WILL SOAR ON WINGS LIKE EAGLES!"


Share this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment