May 14, 2012

Praising the LORD = Power & Strength!


Praise GOD from whom all blessings flow!
Praise HIM all creatures here below!
Praise HIM above, ye heavenly host!
Praise FATHER, SON, & HOLY GHOST!

It's so easy to sing that inside a pristine church on a Sunday morning with everyone in their Sunday Best ... but what about during our daily, sometimes even mundane lives of Monday through Friday?

Are we hoping we've done just enough to get by & the LORD will review our lives & see that we were too busy or too sore or too tired to reach out & love other people?

"We are so utterly ordinary, so commonplace, while we profess to know a Power the Twentieth Century does not reckon with. But we are "harmless," & therefore unharmed. We are spiritual pacifists, non-militants, conscientious objectors in this battle-to-the-death with principalities & powers in high places. Meekness must be had for contact with men, but brass, outspoken boldness is required to take part in the comradeship of the Cross. We are "sideliners" ― coaching & criticizing the real wrestlers while content to sit by & leave the enemies of GOD unchallenged. The world cannot hate us, we are too much like its own. Oh that GOD would make us dangerous!" ― Jim Elliot

Have I ever prayed for GOD to make me dangerous?

Maybe not in those words but from a 2 week missions trip in the Central American country of El Salvador where atrocities were happening on a daily basis, the LORD filled me with the HOLY SPIRIT enabling me to love those forgotten children through "Discovering El Salvador!" 

My time in the mountains of Christiana, Jamaica  was not as long as I would have liked but it truly was necessary to prepare me for my next journey which was a burden of love for student-athletes in the so called "tougher neighborhoods" of Miami before humbling myself to serve at His Mansion Midwest in Prospect Heghts, Illinois as I was challenged every moment of the day to discover that many "issues" are able to destroy what the LORD wants each of us to do.

Living & serving JESUS as a missionary in the most dangerous city in the world  ... Medellín, Colombia was really easy when I finally understood how!

The LORD made me dangerous to the evil one because satan can't stand someone who will continue to love JESUS & trust JESUS no matter what circumstances he may have lived through, be in the midst of, or will experience in the future!

Does GOD want each of us to praise HIM no matter what?

It's a simple answer of "Yes!" because all our Sweet Heavenly FATHER ever wanted HIS creation to do was to praise HIM!

It's hard because Lucifer was originally an angel who led the praise & worship in heaven & when he wanted to be worshiped as GOD should be worshiped, he was thrown out of heaven.

He is now commonly known as the devil or the evil one or satan & he will try whatever it takes to keep us from praising JESUS!

There are examples throughout the SCRIPTURES of the devil's evil schemes & don't even get me started with the book of JOB but the majority of the PSALMS are extremely critical & negative about GOD & HIS seemingly lack of interest in our lives but virtually always end with, "Even so, I will praise my LORD forever & ever!"

But BPK, don't you have anything more contemporary that would illustrate the point you are trying to make?

Nice question & even though this musician I'm about to share with you is contemporary, the message still comes from the BIBLE as it always should, so let's watch & listen & even read as Dominic Balli introduces a video followed with the lyrics to one of his songs!


I've always been so intrigued by the story of 2 CHRONICLES 20 & over the last several years it's become one of my favorite passages of SCRIPTURE in the whole world & it's always just tripped me out how GOD used something as simple & beautiful as praise to accomplish something so huge & ridiculously epic! 

And I decided when I was in Europe a couple of years ago to take a crack at retelling the story Cali-Rock Reggae style & so I did, I hope you love it. It's called "Twenty Seventeen" & kind of the cherry on top was when we brought in marching drums that we borrowed from a local high school & brought in my cousin Mike who used to be a drum line teacher at a high school & just had them go to town with all these marching cadences.

I really love it! I love how the track ended up turning out with all this big production with these strings & these sens & yet with this reggaeish kind of melody & these marching drums!

It's called "Twenty Seventeen" & I hope you like it!

Armies from the North invading from the South
Coming so strong we ain't got no way out
My people crying loud asking what I'm gonna do
We can't come out on top & we got everything to lose
Hear that voice there you shall not fear
You shall not fight watch ME there
Can I really stand fast while the enemies advance
But I swore to believe so no matter the chance I'll sing

Raise the banner high 
March with I & I
Lift your voices up loud & high
Strength & unity
Faith & victory
Let the battle rage on we cry

So I rose up at dawn with battle on my mind
I knew that by faith we walk & not by sight
I've been waiting all night I know it's never been done
Put the armies in the back & the singers on the front lines
Here the people sing Hallelu, HIS mercy reigns HIS word is true
Then something hit ‘em strong started fallen like pawns
Saw the fire of Heaven as we're singing our song I said

Raise the banner high
March with I & I
Lift your voices up loud & high
Strength & unity
Faith & victory
Let the battle rage on we cry

Armies from the north, invading from the south
Coming so strong but never got out
One by one they fell on victory's day
By the fire of heaven & a song of praise we sang

Raise the banner high
March with I & I
Lift your voices up loud & high
Strength & unity
Faith & victory
Let the battle rage on we cry

Raise the banner high
March with I & I
Lift your voices up loud & high
Strength & unity
Faith & victory
Let the battle rage on we cry


"You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm & see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah & Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, & the LORD will be with you." ― 2 CHRONICLES 20:17

"No necesitáis pelear en esta batalla; apostaos y estad quietos, y ved la salvación del SEÑOR con vosotros, oh Judá y Jerusalén." No temáis ni os acobardéis; salid mañana al encuentro de ellos porque el SEÑOR está con vosotros." ― 2 CRÓNICAS 20:17

So, how do we, the House of GOD win battles that seem to be completely overwhelming in our lives? 

"Through JESUS, therefore, let us continually offer to GOD a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess HIS name." ― HEBREWS 13:15

"Por medio de Jesús ofrezcamos siempre un sacrificio a Dios. Ese sacrificio es la alabanza que viene de los labios que proclaman su nombre. ― HEBREOS 13:15

We do the same as we've been told over & over in the BIBLE! 

While living in Medellín, Colombia South America, I mediated on PSALM 145 as a prayer to overcome the spiritual warfare that I encountered by simply allowing JESUS to love people through me & I continue to do the same even today because the LORD doesn't change & HIS word is trustworthy forever! It almost seems that when we acknowledge HIM for what HE has done in the past, what HE's doing in the present, & what HE will do in the future ... The LORD may not answer us right away but I do know that when we humble ourselves knowing that a circumstance or situation is beyond our power, that's when HE will lift us up to be in communion with the FATHER, the SON, & the HOLY SPIRIT!


PSALM 145
I will exalt YOU, my GOD the KING; I will praise YOUR NAME for ever & ever. ― 1

I will praise YOU each day & always honor YOUR NAME. ― 2

Great is the LORD & most worthy of praise; HIS greatness no one can fathom. ― 3

Each generation will announce to the next YOUR wonderful & powerful deeds. ― 4

They will speak of the glorious splendor of YOUR majesty, & I will meditate on YOUR wonderful works. ― 5

Men shall speak of the power of YOUR awesome acts, And I will tell of YOUR greatness. ― 6

They will celebrate YOUR abundant goodness & joyfully sing of YOUR righteousness. ― 7

The LORD is merciful & compassionate, slow to get angry & filled with unfailing love. ― 8

The LORD is good to everyone.  HE showers compassion on all HIS creation. ― 9

All YOU have made will praise YOU, O LORD; YOUR saints will extol YOU. ―10

They shall speak of the glory of YOUR kingdom & talk of YOUR power; ―11

so that all men may know of YOUR mighty acts & the glorious splendor of YOUR kingdom. ― 12

YOUR kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, & YOUR dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all HIS promises & loving toward all HE has made. ― 13

The LORD sustains all who fall & raises up all who are bowed down. ― 14

The eyes of all look to YOU, & YOU give them their food at the proper time. ― 15

When you open YOUR hand, YOU satisfy the hunger & thirst of every living thing. ― 16

The LORD is righteous in all HIS ways & loving toward all HE has made. ― 17

The LORD is near to all who call upon HIM, To all who call upon HIM in truth. ― 18

HE will fulfill the desire of those who fear HIM; HE will also hear their cry & will save them. ― 19

The LORD protects all those who love HIM, but HE destroys the wicked. ― 20

My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD. Let every creature praise HIS Holy NAME for ever & ever. ― 21

CEV—Contemporary English Version:  2, 4
NASB—New American Standard Bible:  6,11,14, 18,19
NIV—New International Version:  1, 3, 5, 7, 10,12,13,15, 17, 21
NLT—New Living Translation:  8, 9,16, 20

Dominic Balli's Website

Dominic Balli on Twitter

Dominic Balli on MySpace

Dominic Balli on YouTube 

Dominic Balli on Facebook  

"Praise be to the GOD & FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, the FATHER of compassion & the GOD of all comfort." ― 2 CORINTHIANS 1:3

"Bendito sea el Dios y Padre de nuestro Señor Jesucristo, Padre de misericordias y Dios de toda consolación. ― 2 CORINTIOS 1:3

My motor skills have taken me down from 70-80 words a minute to what seems like about 20 but I know if y'all, who follow my blog, or are someone that believes you have a Precious Power of Praise ... you will have victory! 

"Always be joyful & never stop praying. Whatever happens, keep thanking GOD because of JESUS CHRIST. This is what GOD wants you to do." ― 1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-18

"Estad siempre gozosos; orad sin cesar; dad gracias en todo, porque esta es la voluntad de Dios para vosotros en Cristo Jesús." ― 1  TESALONICENSES 16-18

Share this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment